Sunday, August 14, 2005

Mercy on my day

I really have nothing to say today... just a prayer for mercy on my day. Since it's late, actually I'd like mercy on my sleep. Today has been chaotic with getting projects done around the house, a lot of projects, and I'm tired.

Sleep does not come easy for my husband and I. We each have health issues that do not allow for the simplicity of a great night's sleep that used to come so easily when we were younger.

Now, it's a great night when either one of us has gotten 5-6 hours of uninterrupted rest.

And yet, we still have to work a normal day... being productive and acting as if sleep, and rest, were not an issue.

Sometimes I miss the days of 20 years ago. Being able to stay up dancing or, more likely, talking until sometime between midnight and 3 a.m. Still able to be up and ready to take on the world at 6:30 a.m., not to mention being able to work a full day after such a short night's sleep.

Now, health issues have caused me to feel old and tired when I stay up late... and sometimes when I don't. I crave sleep. But sleep avoids me.

So tonight... I pray mercy on my sleep...

No comments: