Sunday, August 21, 2005

Anticipation!

I love entertaining! Friends coming over for a meal or dessert or a wine tasting. Everything about entertaining, I love.

The housecleaning, yep, even that.
The planning of a meal or an event.
Setting a pretty table so my guests feel special.
Choosing a wine, oh... so many choices!
The anticipation of good food, great conversation and laughter shared with friends.

I love it all.

And I have a secret...

... I am the QUEEN of making meals that taste and appear like I slaved for days, but are so simple they can be done in 15 - 20 minutes.

I love that part best of all!














Setting up a simple, yet elegant and tasty meal for friends to enjoy makes them feel special... and in setting it up this way I can enjoy my time with them. No stress. No tension. No one feels like they have to do anything except relax and have fun... especially me!

Friends are coming from Portland as I type...

The house is clean.
The table is set.
The menu is planned.
Appetizers are ready.
Dinner is set to cook in 15 minutes worth of time.
The wine is chilled.

... and I am anticipating a wonderful evening!

No comments: