Wednesday, August 09, 2006

need sleep

Mercy on last night's rest was given to everyone... except me.

All my friends who have sleep issues had a much better night's rest. My sweet husband had a good night's sleep. Not me.

Not sure why I couldn't sleep, just that I was awake most of the night. Much of it with hot flashes or night sweats.

Fall into light sleep, wake too hot, throw off covers, get increasingly hotter, throw off nightshirt, sweat more, turn over to find a cool spot, finally start to cool down, start to doze, get actually cold, come back to full awake status to locate covers, pull covers back over me, start to doze and begin the process all over again.

Yep, sometimes menopause bites!

When that process wasn't happening, my mind would not turn off. Still working through the grief process with losing my mother-in-law last month. Also there are other stressful issues that seem to pop up in the middle of the night on nights when I am awake so much.

Now I am just too tired to do anything more tonight. Somehow, heading to bed at 7 p.m. on a lovely summer evening just seems wrong.

Whatever. That's where I'm headed right now... armed with a sleeping pill as added insurance.

... may there be mercy and my hormones settle for tonight.

No comments: