Saturday, August 26, 2006

caring for myself

It's harder than one thinks to do nothing but care for oneself over the course of a couple days. It's harder than I thought to NOT do housework and cleaning and all the other things I normally do on the weekends.

I have to confess that I'm not so good at all this.

I did spend about 90 minutes working on doing a couple loads of laundry, changing the bedding out to fresh sheets, cleaning the kitchen and a quick run to the grocery store.


Then, it was a marathon of Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea. I decided to put on movies that I'd seen before. That didn't matter if I fell asleep or paused to go get a snack or whatever.

It was good.

Not sure what tomorrow will bring, but know that tonight I will sleep a lot more.

... may there be continued mercy.

2 comments:

SuziQoregon said...

Glad you're doing the best you can at taking care of yourself :-)

Jenna St.Hilaire said...

We should definitely talk sometime soon. Give me a call when you're feeling up to it, and we'll get together for a laid-back, lazy, thoroughly good chat.

Love you too!

Jenna