Thursday, March 08, 2007

surrender

Surgery to replace the aortic valve in big brother's heart is scheduled for 6:45 a.m. The doctor has been painfully honest, and yet so very kind.

...without surgery, big brother will die.

... at the same time, his chances of surviving surgery are very slim.

The infection has attacked most of his major organs. He had several small heart attacks today... and a stroke.

On my way to work this morning, I softly sang "Great is thy faithfulness". The words to this song speak a truth that is important for me to remember during this terribly difficult time.

Yes, this is hard and heartbreaking stuff... but, no matter the outcome, God IS faithful.

I spent a large portion of today praying as I worked, and one of the most important things I did today was to completely surrender big brother to God's care.

Yes, my heart aches that tomorrow may be his last here. Yes, I'm sad. And at the same time, finally peaceful about it all.

...may there be mercy in our surrender.

No comments: