Have talked with Mama and there is no change from last night.
The doctor says that big brother never had a stroke at all, it's been this abscess all along. Apparently the two will mimic the symptoms of each other.
The antibiotic regime they currently have him on for the septicemia is "containing" the abscess so that it is not spreading. Since this is the case, they are waiting to see if they can avoid surgery. They are also hoping that the antibiotics will begin to actually fight that abscess and not just contain it.
We will continue in the "no news is good news" mode.
I told my sweet husband last night that while I love rollercoasters, this one is "one hard-azz ride".
We are going to head over to my father-in-law's house to do some stuff with his computer and help him with a couple settings on his new cell phone. Probably going out to lunch with him after. All of which will be good distractions for me. Then home to continue taking care of myself with lots of rest.
...may there be mercy in waiting.