Saturday, June 03, 2006

a good day

It's been a good day, in spite of a lack of sleep. Just could not sleep well last night. More of a series of naps than a good sleep.

But in spite of that, it's been a good day.

My goddaughter's room got done. It's gorgeous. Her mother and I are both thrilled with how it turned out. I'm thinking that if she can't keep it clean, I'm moving into it!

She almost cried, but at age 13, they only really cry over boys. But she loves it, and that's all that matters.

Met Jenna for coffee after. What a lovely time of catching up with someone after several years of no connection. I'm so glad that we put another date on the calendar. Years between visits is just not a good thing.

Father-in-law has had a good day, too. My sweet husband checked in on him and found we need to do some grocery shopping tomorrow. Good enough. He's written out all his bills and is starting to feel more like his normal self. I'll take it.

A yummy dinner of albacore tuna steaks with a glass of Chardonnay... life is good today.

May there be mercy and this respite continue for a while...

No comments: