Thursday, July 06, 2006

surgeons and schedules

Timing is an interesting thing, as is letting go of control.

I wanted to control this timing thing on seeing the surgeon and getting this lump out of my breast. I very politely pushed all the medical offices to get the earliest appointments. I had my family doctor push a bit more to get my surgical consultation appointment a little earlier. Once they moved my appointment up as far as they could, even though it was only 4 days earlier than the original date, I finally let go of trying to control scheduling.

  • 10 a.m. this morning was that surgical consult.

Hmmmm... if I'd had my way, it would have been earlier. And, if it had been earlier, I would have had to reschedule since my sweet mother-in-law passed away. Would not have been able to deal with surgery planning and funeral planning at the same time.

  • My doctor scheduled surgery for next Friday, the 14th.
Hmmmm... if I'd had my way and gotten an earlier appointment, I would have had to wait until late August for my surgery since Doc doesn't normally do surgery on Fridays. At 9 a.m. today, he met with his nurse and told her that the surgical scheduling time was getting too far out for patients... and to open up Friday the 14th for surgery.

Another reminder that God is still actually in control of the entire universe... and that all of my issues and problems really do fall into that entire universe thing.

Timing and letting go of control... interesting lessons that I hope I'm learning.

No comments: