Sunday, December 03, 2006

mixed emotions

Today was one of those really lovely days of fun with my best girlfriend. KC and I had planned to have a girl's day out on Thursday, but the weather just did not cooperate and we postponed it until today.

We talked and shopped and found gifts for her kids (my godchildren) for both kids birthdays and Christmas and fun things for ourselves and lunch and... just fun. Nothing huge in the way of a big deal or big event. Just the simple pleasure of girlfriends enjoying time together.

What a great day to end my vacation.

And at the same time... I am still so very concerned about another friend. For those who read this blog and pray, please just pray much for my unnamed friend in distress. It really is a big deal.

...may there be mercy as I return to work.

...may there be mercy and peace for my friend.



2 comments:

Jenna St.Hilaire said...

Glad you've had a good vacation, despite being hampered by snow!

I will be praying for your friend.

And you, because you're my friend :-)

Love,

Jenna

Karen :) said...

Keeping your friend in my thoughts.

K :)