Tuesday, December 05, 2006

closest book

These instructions and initial commentary are taken from my friend Paul's blog (Paul's Thinking Place)... and below is my response.

From Paul's Thinking Place: "I have no clue what a "meme" is, but I saw this one on Mark Ostreicher's blog, and thought it was pretty cool. Most of the time, I find reading other people's "memes" somewhat interesting at the best, silly at worst, but this one actually struck my fancy for what it might say about what people are reading... and authors are writing. So here are the rules:

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next four sentences on your blog, along with these instructions.
5. Don’t you dare dig for that “cool” or “intellectual” book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest!"

Okay, I can follow these rules.

I grab the closest book and since my computer is in my quilting studio, of course the book is a quilting book! The Magic of Quiltmaking, A Beginner's Guide by Margaret Rolfe & Jenny Bowker.


Page 123... hmmm... in the middle of a quilt pattern, okay. Here goes:

Square up one end of each strip. Measure the strips to fit the length of the quilt, referring to "Butted Corners" on page 73. Cut the strips to this length. Pin and sew the border strips to the quilt sides. Press the seam allowances toward the borders.

Now that y'all are bored outta your ever-lovin' minds with my closest book... but it was a good reminder for me on adding butted corner borders... take your turn and do the closest book thing on your blog.


...may there be mercy and enjoyment in our reading.

...and may there be continued mercy and peace for my friend in distress.

No comments: