Thursday, October 12, 2006

packed and ready

In spite of the fact that fabric lines the walls and is stacked on my cutting table, there is an empty space in my sewing room and it looks funny to me.

I've packed up to take everything to the quilting retreat at my friend's beach house.

Sewing machine... check!
Cutting mat and rotary cutter... check!
6 sizes of Omnigrid rulers... check!
components to FIL's quilt... check!
extra thread, bobbins, notions, etc... check!
book with pattern in it... check!
extra fabric... check!
iron and ironing board... check!
new camera... check!
clothing, jammies, toothbrush... check!
corkscrew and a bottle of wine... check!

I'm good to go and excited that I'll be able to dedicate the entire weekend to quilting. Even better, someone else cooks and cleans up for us... and the someone who does all the work is my mentor, spiritual mom and very dear friend. Extra cool that I'll get to spend some time with her.

... may there be mercy as we travel and enjoy a little pampering as we quilt.

No comments: