Monday, May 13, 2013

blown away by love

Yesterday I received a card that surprised and touched me so deeply. It was my first ever Mother's Day card, reading partly as follows:

Thank you for all that you do.. love, care, share, pray, worship, work, sing, treat, smile, hug, bring joy, laughter, and comfort. and tons of encouragement... thank you so much for loving me, always listening to me and encouraging me. I love you so much.

wow.

did I say wow?

So blown away by the gift of love given me by my young friend who told me I am considered her adopted mama.

When I have been so mired in the dark places of life this last length of months, (okay, 2 years). this gift of love shines the purest light of God's love deeply into my spirit, lifting me up into places that feel like the verse that says "her children will rise up and call her blessed." (Prov 31:28)

Again I say, wow.


...may there be mercy in the sweetness of the gifts of love.

No comments: