Sunday, December 16, 2012

crafternoon

A few months ago, thanks to Caleisha over at Apt 203, the 3rd Sunday of each month became a Crafternoon with my friend Kim. 

Today has been a wonderfully relaxing time that included peppermint mochas, lots of good conversation, lunch and laughter. Not to mention progress on our projects.

Kim's project was to cut out and get started sewing an adorable apron for her son's girlfriend. She used a fun fabric with cupcakes on it as the main fabric, together with a corresponding striped fabric that set off the cupcakes beautifully. Since the recipient is a baker, with cupcakes as a specialty, this is going to be a lovely Christmas gift.

My knitting project was a very quick and cute set of cabled boot cuffs for me. I recently made a nice cowl out of the same yarn, so these will be fun to wear. Will get a picture up later this week.

Crafternoon. It's not really about the projects that we bring to the day. It's all about relationship, being able to spend time together, talking while doing things we love.

...may there be mercy in the simple joy of time with a precious friend.

1 comment:

Caleisha said...

I read/cried through all of your prayers. I feel them like I wrote them... thank you. Right now my days are hard. I'm realizing how much energy it's taking to smile and appear happy and content, but I'm not doing such a great job at keeping up appearances. I think that we crossed paths for this. Thank you Auntie. I'm blessed that you exist.
Much love,
Caleisha