Friday, December 14, 2012

corners

Right now, I knit a lot. yeah, I know I've said that, but it's more than Christmas gifts.

It's a time wherein I can think through all the issues that have impacted me over the last couple years and work through the resultant clinical depression. 

Yes, clinical depression.

I know I've alluded to having had a hard time, and I don't plan to go into the depth of the issues that have gotten me here. It's enough to admit to depression for me.

Most folks who see me in real life don't see it. I hide it very well. Too well, sometimes, for my own good. Thankfully, I let a couple people far enough in that I didn't get to the brink. Unfortunately, by the time I let them in, I could see it.

Being one who cannot take antidepressants, therapy is my option. I hooked up with a very good counselor who has helped me work through quite a bit.

Last night, I turned a big, and very important, corner. 

While I'm not there yet, and have significant work to do yet, I can see healthy in the distance again.

I'm grateful.

...may there be mercy and deep healing in this process.

4 comments:

SuziQoregon said...

This is most excellent

auntie-c said...

Thanks, Q. I know you have been concerned all the way through.

Caleisha said...

You encourage me more than you know. Thank you.

Jenna St. Hilaire said...

Cheers for your bravery.

Also for a lovely lunch today.

If you find yourself itching for a companion in the tougher spells, don't hesitate to call/text/email/Facebook. And we'll do lunch again soon. <3

In the meantime, your train trip sounds like soooooooo much fun. :D