Sunday, October 30, 2005

Where are my Blogs?

I haven’t been blogging as much as I’d like to lately. It’s because I’ve been sewing like crazy.

I have a project I’m working on for my family and friends for Christmas. I’m making quilted table runners. They need to be done so that I can have them in people’s hands around December 1st. I want them to be able to enjoy these for the entire Christmas season, so they are getting their Christmas gifts early… if I can get them all done.

I’ve got 4 done now and 3 more to go... maybe 4 or 5. I might actually get the table runners done in the next 10 days. If I keep sewing each evening and my sweet husband can tolerate a long series of fast and fairly simple dinners. Maybe that’s if I can tolerate that series of dinners! I do love to cook.

There are a couple other sewing projects for Christmas gifts, for those people who just would not appreciate (or use) a table runner.

My mother will get a sweatshirt embroidered with a dachshund on the front… and a funny saying like “in my next life I want to be Mama’s dog!”

My Father-in-law will get a shirt with his initials embroidered on it… and also a lap quilt for the colder evenings.

My Mother-in-law will get a pretty shirt with kitties embroidered on it… she loves kitties, especially Siamese, and still remembers what they are. (Have I mentioned lately that I hate Alzheimer’s?)

Things have been crazy lately, but I have been making time to sew… and sewing is such a relaxing tool for me…

No comments: