Monday, October 03, 2005

Thumper’s Adage

My office has been an unhappy place to be lately. Everyone is so very busy and so very stressed. It’s awful.

Of course the stress spills over onto co-workers… and relationships are being hit kinda hard right now. There has been a ton of backbiting, gossip and trashing one another going on.

I hate to admit that I’ve done my share.

This morning I made a decision while driving to work. I’m joining Thumper and follow the adage…

“If ya can’t say somethin’ nice, don’t say nuttin’ at all.”

I told a friend that I’m going to have to work hard at the floppy ear thing and the scuffing my toe in the dirt while saying it. Probably can get that foot-thumping thing pretty well if I work at it.

But I’m tired of the office being a place to gripe. So I’m starting to change things in my little corner.

It was quiet in my corner of the office today. No one could tell it was quiet because the office was its usual dull roar of conversations, telephones ringing, customers being helped and office machines. The normal office noises were there.

But my corner was quiet.

1 comment:

SuziQoregon said...

Tell 'em to "Belay that Gossipin' Mates, Pirates don't gossip!"