Wednesday, November 21, 2012

deliberate

Today's thankful moment is about one of those things that I am not truly thankful for, but am deliberately choosing to be thankful despite myself.

tears

Last night, while with a new small group from my church, I cried. Most folks don't find this to be unusual behavior, and will shed tears when appropriate. But for me, it is one of the biggest things on my list of things I hate to do. It is rare for me to do this, I simply don't cry in front of people.

Oh, I might get misty-eyed, but actual tears running down the face, nose running, unable to speak type crying, nope.

It's an obvious step in the right direction for my healing that I could not hold back tears last night, and with this group.


...may there be mercy and gratitude for healing tears.

No comments: