Dad - What a gift to have spent the last 23 years as your extra daughter. In your last months, as you and I talked, I’m glad I got to say these things to you, but I need to say them again.
- You taught me so much about what love really looks like. What a treasured gift that is for me.
- After my own Daddy passed into heaven, you never tried to take his place in my heart, but you always filled the hole in that place with extra love as a good father should.
- You taught me to enjoy the simplest things in life and to take joy in them. I’ll miss our Swan Reports and think happily of you each time I see them soaring overhead.
- Red is still my favorite color, too.
- We will continue to take care of each other with all the love we have.
- You made me laugh each time we were together, even up to your last day. I loved your twinkle-in-the-eye grin.
I love you and miss you so much, but know that heaven is your glorious home now. We will see you in a little while. Find us a great spot for a good long talk in the sunshine.
...may there be mercy and comfort in knowing that we said it all...